Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Young Poet Dabbles in Personification (and a New Cuisine)

This afternoon at the playground, when the wind kicked up and swirled the leaves below Isaiah's dangling feet, he looked down from the swing, pointed, and grinned. "The leaves are chasing each other," he said.

But lest you start thinking he's become a complete erudite before his time, let me add that one of his favorite outdoor activities lately has been nibbling grass on his hands and knees, just to see how it tastes. I admit that today, reminding him of that activity was how I got him to hold still so I could put his shoes on. I'll try to get a picture next time. Please don't have me arrested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The leaves ARE chasing each other and it is one of my favorite things to watch.

No arrests forthcoming Matt :) I have a picture of the infamous Nestle Quik spill on the floor with 3 little heads licking it up . . .

Nibbling the grass - like the goats maybe?

Love to all -
Grandma Anne

Marian F. said...

I posted that one, not Matt. :) And I thought fondly of the Quick photo when I watched Isaiah get down on his hands and knees to attack the grass.