Saturday, July 23, 2011

We Love Our Chuthers

The other night I was trying to nurse Bernadette to sleep while Isaiah played in the living room. She was starting to settle down when suddenly he laughed. Then Bernadette's head popped up, showing a beaming face. She sat up, pointed toward the door, and said, "Izzah!"

Yesterday morning, Isaiah (who has been a kitten lately) had the following announcement to make while I dressed him: "Kitten wants to see Pete and Magda." I told him we would see them another day. Not satisfied, he said pleadingly: "It's the kitten's best friends."

A couple of mornings ago, when Isaiah and I were snuggling on the couch after his morning nursing, he touched my shoulder and said, "I like this." Then my ear: "I like this." My eye: "I like this." My hair: "I like this." My elbow...my forehead...my thumb...

2 comments:

P and M said...

We miss you, too kitten :)

Liz said...

Oh, my goodness. "I like this" is the sweetest thing I've ever heard of a kid or kitten doing!