Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Songs of the season

Bernadette has unleashed a torrent of language in recent weeks. She chats and cajoles and sings and tells stories. She's able to say anything she wants, although sometimes the words come out in pidgin form, either truncated or with extra syllables added. Still, if you listen closely and pick out a word, suddenly the whole phrase makes sense. I'm convinced she knows just about everything she's saying, even when we don't.

She's also able to sing just about any song she hears, and she's a vocal duet partner with Isaiah. "Puff the magic dragon" is quite popular right now. In the car last night, the two of them were singing "Jingle bells," when Isaiah segued to a mashup of the two, singing "Jingle bells" as the chorus with verses he made up sung to the tune of "Puff." Bernadette, unable to join the improvised verses, would periodically throw in another chorus over the top of the verse.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT--WISH I WERE THERE TO HEAR IT