Friday, May 09, 2014

What they have to say

Kateri's first honest-to-goodness, clearly intelligible full sentence: "I don't want to."

Isaiah
--after being informed that he had slept through part of a thunderstorm: "Oh.  The sound got muffled in the bedclothes, I expect."
--watching Mama take a batch of chocolate zucchini muffins out of the oven: "What we kids like are eating treats and smackerels and watching movies.  Those are the greatest triumph of it all in childhood."


3 comments:

Liz said...

Brilliant!!

Anne said...

Isaiah likes to give you a compliment Marian - sideways.

What a nice little guy!

I told him as we three were snuggling to sleep, Bernadette already out, that I was happy to see him. He very enthusiastically told me he was very happy to see me also. And that it was time to go to sleep.

Love you all!!!

Anne said...

I shared with Isaiah's great-grandparents - they loved this!!!

My dad laughed and laughed.