Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Words of wisdom

During our religion lesson last week, I was teaching Isaiah and Bernadette about the four evangelists.  After showing them the symbol of St. Matthew, I asked, "Who do we know whose patron saint is St. Matthew?"  After a pause Isaiah exclaimed, "Daddy!"  "That's right," I said.  "St. Matthew has the special job of praying for Daddy because he's Daddy's patron saint."  Bernadette added excitedly, "And yours is St. Mama!"

Isaiah, while listening to the Beatles:
"Love is all you need.  Well, except money."
(During "Love Me Do") "You can't make someone love you just by asking."

Isaiah: "If Snow White had run all the way out of her stepmother's kingdom, she would have been all right.  The Queen only asked the mirror who was the fairest in the land."

2 comments:

Anne said...

Excellent observations and deductions here!

Snow White - what was she thinking??

Love
Grandma Anne

Anne said...

I'm going to be listening to the Beatles in a whole new way after this.

And I'm sure Blessed Mother enjoys being St. Mama.