Saturday, September 27, 2014

While mom's away


Socks of mud. Gloves of mud. We played in the pit that will soon become our lagoon. It's got about a 12-inch mixture of water and silty mud at the bottom right now after we pumped another couple of feet of water out. Was quite the messy fun this. Amazing how transformative a coating can be. As Isaiah pulled his coated hands and forearms from the muck, they had a sheen that looked like super hero gloves and dripped in such a way that you could easily imagine super powers attached to them. Then there was this exchange:


Isaiah: Bernadette, let's fight.
Bernadette: I don't want to fight. I just want to put my mud gloves on.
Isaiah moments later a he plants his fists in the softened bank: Daddy, I'm boxing the mud.



2 comments:

Liz said...

Best. Day. Ever!!

Magda said...

And this is why Kansas is great for raising kids... I understand now Matt :)