At the beginning of preschool, Bernadette was furious when I tried to tell her which hand to use to make the sign of the cross. "I don't care! I can use whichever one I want!" she informed me. At the end of the lesson, she climbed into my lap, mumbling gibberish. I kissed her and said, "Bernadette, I think sometimes you want to be grown up and sometimes you want to be a baby." After a thoughtful pause came the response: "I always want chocolate."
After reading a picture book about the Stations of the Cross, I heard two different reactions.
From Bernadette the Defender: "If I had been there, I would have said, 'Don't bother my Jesus! Just leave Him alone!'"
From Isaiah the Pragmatist: "That just would have gotten you into trouble!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can totally see this happening. Bernadette would be flying in, fists up, and Isaiah would be hanging back thinking hard about it. But he'd join in too, I think ;)
I think that is a totally accurate picture, Liz. Just try to hurt someone Bernadette cares about while she's around!
Post a Comment