My grandfather Wilbur Friedrichs made this ring at Marysville High School. You can see his initials inscribed on one side and the year on the other. Mom pulled it out as part of her cleaning and sorting this week. The lettering is faint until you hold it up to the light. Amazing what detail survives over the years. It fits on my pinky, and I need to wear it on non-handwork occasions in the future.
Let me catch you up on dad's projects: planting potatoes and onions, building garden fence, deliving building materials to a neighbor, marking culvert replacements on the rail trail, building a treehouse, planning more Habitat house work, entertaining grandkids, drinking up my hard cider stash, building a raised bed in the garden, incubating chicken eggs, and I'm sure there's more.
The kids here are getting restless even with all our space. The kids at school are bored and actually seemed to enjoy our quick classes this week as we started back up. One girl watched boys talk about video games for ten minutes in a video call because she is so starved for faces outside her family's. Eighth-grade boys posted some memes during open time, and only one high school student swore out loud this week.
We had a great chat with Marian's first cousins. I hope you have relatives as amusing as Robert DiDona and Gregory DiDona. The kids will probably force me to buy a membership to the Cincinnati Zoo after watching all the great livestreams the past week, and I'm already promising extravagant trips next year to see that and the previously mentioned East Coast friends and relations.
I hope you are finding productive ways to pass your days. I've made some cutting boards to sand as a project for students, and I also encouraged them to learn to cook new foods. I'm trying to propogate some berry bushes and trees from cuttings. I love you all. Holler if your bored or lonely or need anything. I'm around.
Let me catch you up on dad's projects: planting potatoes and onions, building garden fence, deliving building materials to a neighbor, marking culvert replacements on the rail trail, building a treehouse, planning more Habitat house work, entertaining grandkids, drinking up my hard cider stash, building a raised bed in the garden, incubating chicken eggs, and I'm sure there's more.
The kids here are getting restless even with all our space. The kids at school are bored and actually seemed to enjoy our quick classes this week as we started back up. One girl watched boys talk about video games for ten minutes in a video call because she is so starved for faces outside her family's. Eighth-grade boys posted some memes during open time, and only one high school student swore out loud this week.
We had a great chat with Marian's first cousins. I hope you have relatives as amusing as Robert DiDona and Gregory DiDona. The kids will probably force me to buy a membership to the Cincinnati Zoo after watching all the great livestreams the past week, and I'm already promising extravagant trips next year to see that and the previously mentioned East Coast friends and relations.
I hope you are finding productive ways to pass your days. I've made some cutting boards to sand as a project for students, and I also encouraged them to learn to cook new foods. I'm trying to propogate some berry bushes and trees from cuttings. I love you all. Holler if your bored or lonely or need anything. I'm around.


No comments:
Post a Comment