Word nerds
Picked up some bread at the farmers' market on Thursday which led to a conversation with Marian on Saturday morning.
Marian: "What is spelt?"
Matt: "I think it's a kind of wheat. Yeah it's a kind of wheat."
Matt (doubting own expertise for only a moment): "I'll look it up on the internet."
Matt: Blah, blah, blah ... "used in breads and pastas like wheat ... less inbred than its wheat cousins ... "
Matt (a few minutes later): "Also a favored food before spelling bees."
Matt's favored food after shopping at the farmers' market
As suspected, the ramshackle taco huts downtown Yonkers serve awesome beef and carnitas tacos.



1 comment:
Almost, but not quite as interesting is the pictures of Food items included in this blog. I think that a parallel story could be told matching Isaiah's development with the appropriate food related to that event. AT this point the food would be more related to the parents tastes than Isaiah's.
Post a Comment