Lots of crying in the night and early this morning from the toddler who is being night weaned (or rather, who is being reminded that before his baby sister was born, he was night weaned). Tonight Matt has a business dinner, so I am on my own all day and all evening (and yesterday Bernadette timed her waking hours to coincide perfectly with Isaiah's nap--and I mean perfectly, down to the minute--so I couldn't rest; wonder what she has in store today). Thinking about all of this and feeling sure I was going to crack up, I suddenly heard from the other room a two-year-old voice break into the chorus of "Smile" by Uncle Kracker.
p.s. Yesterday, while they were nursing together, Isaiah reached out and stroked Bernadette's face. It was the first physical contact during "nook" that didn't involve an uncontrolled knee or elbow. He is also very proud of his contributions to cradle-rocking. He still says he doesn't like her, though.
2 comments:
My moments of joy are found in this blog. Thanks for keeping us all informed.
Sounds like everyone wants their one on one time with Mom :)
Love,
Mom
Aw! I just listened to that song and imagined Isaiah's lispy little voice singing it. How sweet. And don't forget, Marian, no matter how you make it through the day, you are making it! "Mom" is one of the toughest job titles on the planet, and YOU ARE DOING IT. And I'm taking notes for my future reference ;)
Post a Comment