Yesterday morning, Bernadette wrapped some silk scarves around her head and shoulders and declared, "I'm a princess!" She tried to enrobe Kateri, too, but met with resistance, so I persuaded her to make her dolls royalty instead. She also told me I was a princess, but she didn't try to mummify me with scarves like she did Kateri. Phew.
Last night, before bed...
M: Are you still a princess?
B: Yes.
M: What is a princess?
B: It's a song that's made up.
M: What does the song sound like?
B: Like grass!
M: The song sounds like grass?
B: Yes.
M: Do you realize you're talking nonsense?
B: Yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my word. She is a budding poetess. I'm going to send you a photo of her wrapping herself in my favorite scarf -- I'm pretty sure the photo is from last Christmas. I almost didn't get my scarf back.
I remember that Lizzie! I also posted a Bernadette in scarves on FB a while back.
She does have that fashion flair!!!
Love to all,
Mom T
Post a Comment