Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Boys and their toys


Isaiah was on of four boys 2 and younger who flocked to the pedal tractor at the wedding reception. They would have ridden all night if there were adults with enough energy to push them.



Isaiah also really liked riding on Grandpa's tractor.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That does look fun!
And all that land to run in!!!

Love,

Grandma Anne

Paul said...

only 7 more years and he will be able to cultivate fields on his own (based on Matt & I's timeline until we started to get sent off to the fields..) Grandmas' -- it is very important that you take him lunch around 4 p.m. when that gets going.

Matt said...

Summer sausage sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies and iced tea for lunch at 4 in the field ...

Anonymous said...

Not a problem! I'll have to learn what summer sausage is . . .
Isaiah looks like he'll be up to the challenge along with Daniel.

Wow - the next generation . . .

Liz said...

You didn't eat lunch until 4 p.m.?!

Marian F. said...

Ooh, ooh, I can actually address Liz's question! What we think of as lunch was known as dinner to the Friedrichses, which they ate around noon. What they called lunch was pretty much a snack brought to them in the fields to give them energy to finish out the work day and keep them happy until dinner--er, I mean supper. (How'd I do, Friedrichses? I am so proud of myself! ;) )

Matt said...

Summer sausage is the German variation on salami.

Matt said...

Summer sausage is the German equivalent of salami.