Tuesday, March 02, 2010

More Isaiah-isms

1. A few weeks ago, I picked Isaiah up after he dropped a book on his toe. Through his tears, he informed me of the type of comforting he needed by tugging on my collar and crying, "Shirt, shirt! Opum it! Opum it!"

2. Yesterday, Clare bought Isaiah not one but two bananas at Starbucks. When she returned with the second one, Isaiah reached out his hand for it and said, "I'm so happy!"

3. And this morning, Isaiah got some yogurt in his hair. I went after him with a wet hairbrush, which he (sort of) put up with until he finally squirmed out of my reach and told me, "Done! Done! I mean it!"

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my goodness, I am laughing so hard!

Liz said...

He really does speak almost entirely in exclamations.

Matt said...

He expresses urgency.

Liz said...

Amen to that.

Also, on further consideration, I think that along with the word "no," this collection of Isaiah-isms officially constitutes everything he'll ever need in order to communicate. Except maybe tact, but no one will look for that until he's quite a bit older.