He got a little tangled up (or "scattered all about," as he calls it) while I was putting him in the swing this afternoon. After getting settled comfortably...
Isaiah (prompting): Did your knee get stuck.
Mama: Did your knee get stuck?
Isaiah: OK. Now it's not stuck anymore.
Mama: That's right.
Isaiah: And now I can sing "Big Green Tractor."
Mama: OK.
Isaiah: SHE HAD A SHINY LITTLE BEAMER WITH THE RAAAG TOP DOWN...
On the way home from the playground, Isaiah, with his hand down the back of his diaper, announced, "I have an itchy tail. That's an itchy tail."
At home, his mouth and fingers smeared with the blueberry smoothie he was sharing with his mother, he began to sing pensively "The Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady. Every time a drop fell on his tray or lap, he stared at it and said, "Oh, no! Oh, no!" until I cleaned it up.
3 comments:
I can't wait to hear him sing that song to me!
Hey Isaiah, I feel scattered all about sometimes too :)
Love you all -
Grandma Anne
Oh, man, me too -- "scattered all about." Much more poetic than my usual description of myself at those moments.
Thanks for sharing these precious conversations!!
It's amazing what an unfettered brain will come up with--hooray for wisdom seen through a child's eyes! love, Grandma F.
Post a Comment