Isaiah and Friends
Isaiah has been playing with a little boy named Dylan at the Y. When I picked him up on Friday after my workout, Isaiah stopped at the playroom gate and called to Dylan, who was still playing in a far corner of the room, "Dylan! Bye! Say bye, Dylan! Dylan, say bye!!" Not receiving a response, Isaiah ran off. I couldn't see the part of the room where he had gone to seek Dylan, but the other adults who were watching suddenly cracked up, and I heard Dylan shriek, "No kissing!" Yes, one of the babysitters confirmed for me, Isaiah had given Dylan a smooch good-bye.
Later that same day at the playground, Isaiah shared his trucks with another little boy named Thomas. I played nearby with Bernadette, who suddenly caught Thomas' eye. He asked Isaiah, "What's your baby's name?" Isaiah, who has been assigning us to different species lately, said of his sister, "It's Baby Colt." There was a slight pause. The only reply Thomas could find was, "I have two coats on." The truck driving continued in silence.
1 comment:
He's already making waves among his generation ;)
Post a Comment