The couch was sure comfier than a wooden pew this morning, although we missed all the other families we normally see at Mass. The kids also got a surprise: When FrNathan Haverland's soundtrack ended, we started up Pastor Aaron Fenker for mom and dad. They may prefer to wood pew after that! Thanks to all the folks who made so many services possible, including Paula A. Landoll-Smith, Janice Lyhane, and Rick Smith. James Friedrichs was the bouncer (helped the pastor explain to anyone who still showed up because they didn't know) out in Long Beach.
You'll note Gideon in a different seat. No, I didn't give him the keys. They were already in the ignition. Lori Reesor isn't the only one taking advantage of home time and less busy roads to train our next generation of drivers. (Gideon can't reach the pedals! I'm talking about other people's kids.)
Dad and mom helped me package bacon after I rewired the slicer (insulation on the old wires had become so brittle it shorted out; and then every wire exposed itself when I wiggled stuff around to fix the initial problem). There's one more batch of belly to smoke, and some chops and hams are curing in the garage fridge. The strategic bacon reserve is secure.
We're all frazzled, much like those wires, with so many things in our life currently short-circuited. I need more patience, and probably more rest, and to help with that, I'm not going to read much outside of personal correspondence and school prep the next two days. Don't soak up more than you can handle these days. And spend less time thinking more than a week or two out because that's the routine we have control over.
You may be sitting somewhere hard. You may have received nasty shocks. Check in. I'm here for you and I love you.
You'll note Gideon in a different seat. No, I didn't give him the keys. They were already in the ignition. Lori Reesor isn't the only one taking advantage of home time and less busy roads to train our next generation of drivers. (Gideon can't reach the pedals! I'm talking about other people's kids.)
Dad and mom helped me package bacon after I rewired the slicer (insulation on the old wires had become so brittle it shorted out; and then every wire exposed itself when I wiggled stuff around to fix the initial problem). There's one more batch of belly to smoke, and some chops and hams are curing in the garage fridge. The strategic bacon reserve is secure.
We're all frazzled, much like those wires, with so many things in our life currently short-circuited. I need more patience, and probably more rest, and to help with that, I'm not going to read much outside of personal correspondence and school prep the next two days. Don't soak up more than you can handle these days. And spend less time thinking more than a week or two out because that's the routine we have control over.
You may be sitting somewhere hard. You may have received nasty shocks. Check in. I'm here for you and I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment