Fruit trees are starting to bud. I can see hops poking through the ground. One maple has the bright red shoots that will be big green leaves all summer before they turn red, dry, and drift to the ground.
These tape club albums drifted into Habitat this week. I recognize the look, the artists, and the excitement of that cardboard box arriving in my mailbox in the 1980s. Those soundtracks to our lives are getting extended play as people turn to the melodies that sooth and comfort with the familiarity of an old blanket.
Tephanie Soderstrom, MHS class of 1991, shares her life in Northern Italy with a great understanding of people's concerns and questions. The page is called Wanderlust, wine, and famiglia. Our classmate and hops lover Brad Howard got married (congratulations)! Tori Dettke worties about the railroad crews helping keep the country supplied, Tina Katz Spurgeon has the same feeling for our truck drivers. Undoubtedly there's a Kenny Rogers song for all of this.
At home, dad built more fence around the garden, the kids and I played ball, and we cut and salted the last of this winter's pork. We waved at Marian Tascio Friedrichs' dad, Peter, through the window to welcome him to his new home in Marysville.
Listen to your favorite song from high school. Make your kids dance to it. Call someone that used to listen to it in the car with you. Walk this way. I love rock and roll, and I love you, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment